Dear Will Smith: Concerning M. Night Shyamalan...

9.4.11 ShaSha LaPerf 2 Comments



Dear Will Smith,

I saw the recent announcement that you will be working with M. Night Shyalaman in a sci-fi movie featuring you and your son Jaden. Now I've been a fan of years since Parents Just Don't Understand. I supported you decision to leave The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and loved you in movies where I saw a glimpse of you naked ass or chest. I even stuck with you in the rough times of the Legend of Baggar Vance, Wild Wild West, and I, Robot. But upon hearing the news that you would be making a movie with Shyalaman, I have a few favors to ask.


First, let me remind you of what Shyamalan has subjected innocent movie goers to in the past few years. He peaked our interest with The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Then came Signs. And Lady in the Water. And he tried to destory the career of prominent actor Mark Wahlberg with his movie The Happening. But his most heinous act was his completely white-washed version of the Last Airbender, a movie that Roger Egbert described as ""The Last Airbender" is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented."

Originally I was gonna yell at you and say "WHAT THE FIZZUCKS ARE YOU THINKIN MAN!" But I'm asking you for a BIG, BIG favor. Can you PLEASE, PLEASE get this man to realize he's not the only Asian "actor" fit for his movies and tell him to hire some for it?  Sure it's good that Shyamalan finally remembered that non-white actors existed and has given then a non-villian lead role, but given the lack of Asian actors in The Last Airbender and the raucous it caused, pursuade his oblivious ass to add some damn diversity. And let's not forget our sisters. I'm all for interracial couples but I love the idea of seeing a black couple having the lead roles in a sci-fi movie...without either person dying.

And I have just one more small request. Please, Please for the love of Hancock, Ali, Independence Day, I Am Legend, Bad Boys...MAKE IT A GOOD FUCKING movie! Don't let that man ruin the career you worked so hard to build up! Help him realize the error of his ways and actually make a movie people want to see! Don't let him fuck up your credibility! Given the severe lack of minorities in the director's seat and even on the damn set we don't need Hollywood to have yet another excuse to not make movies with minorities.

So Will, please listen to the pleas of me and the fans that have stuck with you so long. I will finish this letter with the immortal words of the great philosopher RuPaul: "DON'T FUCK IT UP!"

2 comments:

  1. It's not so much of Will and Jaden that I'm worried about, it's Mr.Shymalaman that concerns me.

    He had gone from bad to worse in directing movies.He screwed up with the Last Airbender and from the rankings say about him, he isn't the great director like he once was. I trust that Will and Jaden will do their jobs,but after that movie, I wonder will he be doing his?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news just came out about them working together but there hasn't been info about if Will will only be acting of if he will have a hand in other aspects of the movie. Hopefully Will is very clear with Shyamalan's track record and can give some positive and helpful feedback so that he can redeem himself...until her releases the whitewashed sequel of Airbender.

    ReplyDelete