Ugh...Just ugh...

15.11.11 ShaSha LaPerf 7 Comments

 I'm back. It's been a very long two weeks for me. First I gave up on NaNiWriMo. LOL I do have a good excuse for it. I was asked to do some freelance design work. As as much as I like writing, I'm also very concerned with building up a design portfolio as I'm looking into doing freelance work to supplement my current income.

But boy did I have some serious drama too! First I got a rather nasty cold with resulted in me missing a few days of work. I'm feeling better now, but it looks like I passed my cold on to Shen. I acted like a total baby and he took care of me through his grumblings. But now it'll probably be my turn to do the same.

But the real kicker is that just a few days ago, my car was hit by some silly ass driver who didn't comprehend the idea of not speeding in a parking lot. Seriously, who the fuck hits a parked car!? Ugh, it's a real mess and I've been spending these few days trying to take care of the situation all while trying to keep my temper from really blowing up. So this and being sick also threw me off from NaNiWriMo, so I've decided to get back to blogging. I'm still going to work on my story just at my own pace.

Since I'm trying to keep myself from poppin off on people, I've been listening to more music to keep me calm. So here are two songs I've had in heavy rotation this week:


Atsushi from EXILE has been releasing some solo work lately and this is his most recent song, "Oooh Baby." Although Atsushi has written and produced a fair amount of songs for EXILE, his own work is definitely more of the "grown and sexy" R&B music. Atsushi really brings the sexy in this video and something about his voice makes me melt. Edit: Got this one from Daily Motion since the Youtube vid was removed. The video takes a while to start. He starts singing around the 2:00 mark.

And here's the other video:



It's SoulStar! they actually released a mini album a while ago and this is the first single off the album. I just love the harmony these guys bring. And it's funny this video almost seems like a companion song to Atsushi's song. Like it's what's happening outside the club.

Anyway, I'll post some new stuff soon. LOL I do have some other music I wanted to take about which I'll probably hit on later this week.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have a cold. D: I know how much that must suck. Colds are the worst. At least you had Shen to take care of your during the time and now it's your turn to take care of him. xD

    I've been looking into some freelance work myself for writing. I was just actually doing looking over a few sites right before I signed in on here.

    Wow, I can't believe someone hit a parked car. That person must have been one reckless driver to drive so fast in a parking lot.

    I couldn't listen to the first song because it was removed by the user. However, I loved the second song! It was really good. I have to look into more of their songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know the video was down. I uploaded a new one. I think audio of the song is floating around on YouTube but the quality is bad since a single hasn't been released just yet.

    Yeah I'm still really upset about me car and have had little progress in getting things taken care of. Every time I look at my undrivable car I get angry all over again.

    And I'm feeling much better in terms of the cold. Shen is up and moving around but I an tell he'll get hard in a day or two. I'll probably do some heavy duty cleaning this week to get rid of some germs that may be floating around.

    Good luck with finding work! I know there are a few blog sites that pay but I don't know how legit they are, LOL I found out about them on Craigslist. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to heat about your car accident. Yes, some people just make you tell them off.

    About Exile and Soulstar. Man.. you be picking out some really good ones. I was very impressed with Exile with collabaration with Boyz to Men,but he's really great. I really enjoy listening to his music.

    Soulstar is equally as impressive. I really dig what they are singing. Now that is how true singing should be. I admit, I'm not an extreme fan of K-pop music and I wouldn't even consider Soulstar to fall under that category, but this is one example of K-pop singing that I would listen to.

    I was asked if there were any K/Jpop music stores around where I live? I haven't seen any and I don't think I will see anymore as they are becoming extinct. I 'm going to go through some online music stores and see if they have it. It's been a long time since I've been able to listen to original good music and with Exile and Soulstar, I'm reminded that it still exists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ShaSha

    I can only imagine you must feel angry every time you look at it. Have you spoken to the person who cased the damage since the incident?

    And thank you very much! I've sent emails to a few people on Craigslist about some freelance writing. At first I wasn't too sure, but I really want to make some money. I'm currently trying to find a job, which isn't working out too well so far :( But I'm not giving up hope. D:

    On an unrelated note, in one of your older post, didn't you mention that you are originally from Detroit? If so, I am as well! It's where I am currently living. However, I plan on moving once I find a good stable job to move out the city, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time! What could have made the sucky driver plough into your car? I can only imagine walking outside to see that >:-(

    Hopefully you and Shen will be back to health in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Panda: I was born and raised in Detroit! I still visit a few times a year to see my family. I know the city has been hit pretty hard by the economy so I wish you much luck up there. I thought about moving back to the D when I returned from Detroit, but I was sick of all the cold and snow. We don't get so much in Maryland outside of that crazy storm a few years ago.

    As for my car it's still a wreck. I'm hoping to get things squared out this week. Shen is still on the sick side though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ShaSha

    Yes, that's true. It is really rough here when it comes to trying to find a job. Most places either aren't hiring or are laying people off. So it has been pretty difficult, but I haven't given up hope just yet. :) I have to agree about the weather. Sometimes I wish we had warm weather here all year round, but that won't be happening anytime soon, which sucks. But hey, that's Michigan's weather for you, lol. How long have you been living in Maryland, if you don't mind me asking?

    I'm sorry to hear. :( I hope everything fairs out well for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete