ShaSha's Short Story: Threesome (Part One?)

5.4.13 ShaSha LaPerf 5 Comments

So I'm doing something a little different tonight. I'm posting a short story that I wrote. Every other week, my friends and I have a writing circle where we write for about 20 minutes on whatever. Well actually we spend about 45 min. talking about all the shit that's going on in our lives, show off whatever new things we bought, look at random YouTube videos, then we write, LOL.

Normally when I participate I write parts of a fantasy novel I'm working on and hoping to get published one day. But every now and then I like to just come up with something completely unrelated. That's how this story came about. It's actually a two parter, but I haven't written the second part yet. Not sure of when I'll get around to it since next week I'll be getting back to design work. So the way this story ends is somewhat open-ended, on purpose.

Anyway it's a AM/BW story. Sorry, not raunchy sex scenes. Well not in this part at least. ;P Anyway, I hope y'all like it! Just felt like taking a break from my normal writing to do something else for a change.

Threesome

"What about him?" Ericka said, her voice barely above a whisper. Her eyes was set on the tall, wiry man walking in her direction. His thick, dark brown hair had that said "I put a lot of work into making this look " messy thing going on. He was wearing a pair of thick-rimmed glasses which complimented his tight bright red jeans, and the shirt that probably cost most than he would want people to believe. He was looking down at his iPhone, but managed to look up just long enough to catch Ericka's eyes.

"No way," said Tony."You know I can't deal with those hipster types. Dude's junk is probably all shriveled up in those jeans. And you know how I feel about white guys. Just can't do it."

Ericka stifled a laugh by shoving a piece of lemon cake into her mouth and looking away from the guy. She wasn't really attracted to that guy, she just wanted to tease Tony a bit.

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and the streets of DuPont Circle were loaded with couples, families  friends, and singles enjoying the seventy-five degree weather. Ericka and Tony had been sitting outside Starbucks for about half and hour, scoping out men in the hopes that they could find the right one for them. Although their relationship had been steady for two years, and an additional two years of somewhat blissfully married life, it was time for them to find the right person to join them.

Most of the time it was up to Ericka to do the work. She didn't have too much trouble with her flawless cocoa brown skin, and shapely figure she gotten trouble good gene's on her mother's side and year of running track in high school. When men spotted the smile coming from her dark red painted full lips and the glint of amusement in her large dark brown eyes, it was hard to turn away from her.

Despite the numerous men that wanted Ericka to notice them, she was very picky when it came to bringing them home. After all  she wasn't the only party, there was Tony to consider after all. Tony was even pickier than she was, wanting to find a man that had his same build and look. Finding a Korean man who reached Tony's height of five-foot-eleven wasn't so difficult. Tony spent just enough time in the gym to get some definition in his wiry frame. Tony's high cheekbones were probably his more unique features, but something he was willing to overlook if they had found the right man.

Ericka had picked out a few guys that seemed to be on board at first. There was Shou. He was on the skinny side and liked to wear overalls all the time. His thick black hair was usually pulled back into a pony tail, exposing the tattoo of a phoenix on his neck. At first Tony was excited about the Shou until he discovered the guy's body was loaded with drugs and rejected him.

Then there was Jason. Jason looked good on paper and in person. He was a do-gooder with a nicely toned body, two masters degrees and cooked his own meals. But he also had a wife. And a girlfriend. He didn't even make it to the bedroom.

Tony suggested they try his friend Jun. Ericka didn't want to tell Tony, but she was somewhat excited at the prospect of Jun. She'd had a bit of  a crush on him before she and Tony started dating. Unfortunately when she explained to Jun what she and Tony wanted him to do, he freaked out and ran from the home the couple shared. Things got even worse when he posted the information on his Facebook page. Took forever for Ericka and Tony to get over that one. Needless to say, the crush on Jun had completely disappeared, and Jun and Tony still weren't speaking to each other.

Ericka finished off the last of her cake. "Well it's getting late," she muttered. We've been sitting her for too long and not getting anywhere. Look let's just try on one of those online sites again. We can--"

"Wait, check this guy out," Tony interrupted. "straight ahead."

Ericka's eye were pulled to a tall man who had just walked out the Starbucks. He was wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a black polo shirt that hugged his muscled frame. His jet black hair finely coiffed as if he'd just walked out of a salon minutes ago. Although he was still a few feet away, Ericka could see a large scar going up his right arm. The man was definitely attractive. Maybe just an inch taller than Tony and a little meatier. But certainly someone they could work with. Ericka and Tony watched as the man leaned against the brick wall of the Starbucks, and began digging into his leather messenger bag for something.

"Work your magic, lady," said Tony. "I'm gonna go away so I won't get in the way."

"Got it." Ericka barely moved her lips. Once Ericka sensed Tony was gone, she set her eyes on the man, who was now walking in her direction.

*******************************************************************

Tony watched Ericka and the man as they chatted and giggled with each other, trying to keep his cool. It had been his idea for he and Ericka to find a man, but he was actually at odds about the idea. Tony loved Ericka. He still remembers the day he sat next to her in American Culture 102 at the University of Chicago. He couldn't take his eyes off her. They'd been inseparable since.

Tony had planned to spend the rest of his life with Ericka. Have children with her. Take family vacations to Disney World and send out those silly Christmas cards everyone would say, "this is so cheesy!" about.

Until that day happened.

Now he was just a shadow of his old self, watching this Asian Ken doll flirt with his wife. Tony still cursed himself for not being more careful that day. He would be the one sitting next to his beautiful Ericka, touching her, playing with her chin-length twisted hair. He longed to feel he soft skin on his fingers and press his lips against hers.

"The lengths a man would go through just to be with a woman," Tony said. It didn't matter if he said it aloud; only Ericka could here him anyway.

The man got up from the table, ignoring Tony as he walked back to Ericka's table.

"So?" said Tony. Ericka jumped for a moment. Even after a year, Ericka still had trouble sensing when Tony was around.

"We're gonna hook up next weekend," Ericka said softly. "He seems nice. Twenty-nine so he's a bit older than us. No kids, no wife. Just moved here about three weeks ago for a job. Doesn't really know anyone here yet. Get this, he's works for the the government, in the same department you worked at. He's still in training, which means there would still be a learning curve for you."

"Now we just need to get him on board."

"Well using 'Hey my dead husband would like to take over your body' hasn't been working. We need a better strategy. But let's do this at home. I'm tired of trying to look like I'm not talking."

"Sure."

Ericka and Tony stood up from the table, and made their way to the Metro subway station.






5 comments:

  1. I'm going to read this and give my opinion about it ASAP.

    Anyways.. I've been thinking about joining a writers circle, but I've been shifty minded with my writing since I was a teen. I thought about writing and have..on and..off. Honestly, I'm not confident about my work.I think I could use some work.

    I like writing because I get to convey my feelings more honestly with it.
    Like I said, I very been thinking about writing for ages. My work is will definitely be IR/AMBW inspired .It has been said that writing is revealing your feelings about people places,things or ideas.God knows, if I decide to write again, I would like to write a story based on true life matters that I have experienced in my life and people I knew and then fictionalize it.

    Good luck on your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promised that I was going to say my piece about your work and I will do it.Impressive is what I will say about it. Thats OK if there is no raunchy sex scenes in it. Some readers have individual tastes in what they like and what fits them.

      Delete
    2. Get to writing!!! The writing started with my friends while one of them (Terri who I've mentioned here a few times) was living in Korea. It was crazy with the different time zones at first--Korea, Maryland, Chicago, and Seattle. But we used it as a way to stay connected to each other and we all had an interest in writing. It's fun and little pressure. We've been slacking a bit lately though. LOL we were supposed to Skype tonight but got all distracted with life stuff.

      Delete
    3. Im on it now..for the umpteenth time and I will guarantee you in the next month, it will be business as usual.

      Seems like you got a good thing going. My local library had one,but it was primarily for reviewing books that group members had read. A lady I knew also had one at her house,but again, it was about reviewing other people's work.

      Though I sometimes gripe about computer technology, I think that Skype was one of the greatest things ever created. One in a while, I Skype my sister, nephews or cousins from it. It's a convenient tool to have if you're not able to go to their neck of the woods.

      Although I've procrastinating my project for years, I still believe that there's a reason why I should write it. As I said before, writing is a way of people conveying their feelings about something or someone. I have something to say and writing( besides talking) gives me an avenue in doing it. My work isn't sex/romance oriented,but it would be centered around family , it would be fictional ,though it would be based on real life situations that I or someone I knew endured.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this part. Erica and Tony have a lot of character and I enjoy the brief moments of witty banter but also the seriousness of Tony and their affection for one another. I'm looking forward to eventually learning about "that day" (love it being on its on line, it put more emphasis on it). I also enjoy the bit of drama between Erica and Tony and how they seem close yet also slightly distant.

    ReplyDelete