The Adventures of Shen and ShaSha: End of the Year Post

27.12.15 ShaSha LaPerf 5 Comments

Sorry I couldn't think of a better title, LOL. I know it's been a long time since I updated. There hasn't been a ton of new things going on with me and Shen. Except for this major thing.


Say Hello to Doug!




We added this little kitty to our home in October. This was an interesting process for us. So Shen has had pets before; two cats and a dog. The only pet I’d had were fish when I was about 7 years old. Although I was interested in having a pet, I was nervous about the idea of one because I had never really had to take care of a more active furry creature. So we went back and forth about the idea and couldn’t even decide if we wanted to get a cat or a dog or both. I vetoed the idea of having both right off the bat. Even though I'm home a few days a week, I'm still working at that time and didn't want to be distracted with animals at that time.

We took a few trips to the local animal shelter a long with a few rescues. We finally decided to take Doug, who was 8 months old at the time. He’s a bit chatty and does the dickish things like any cat would--like scratching on the dining room table while looking us right in the face. He also has a habit of scratching at the door at 6am every morning which we’re not fond of. But he still has a lot of moments we think are pretty cute. He didn't outright attack the Christmas tree which is something I feared. He did bat at it a few times, but putting down some masking tape and a turned over floor runner seemed to keep him away. We waited until Christmas to put out the presents for each other.

Doug has a few nicknames including “Kitteh!”, “Stop!”, and “FC” (which is short for “fucking cat”).

Other than that, there’s not much else going on in our world. Shen has been growing his hair out since earlier this year. He went from practically a buzz cut to being able to make a man bun. His mom wasn’t a fan of the hair at first. When he first told him he wanted to grow it out to make a ponytail, she commented that he wasn’t a horse, LOL. Shen isn’t very big into his hair, but has had a few styles over the years from being totally bald, to having a hairstyle similar to Zorg in The Fifth Element:



Well minus the little plastic thingy, LOL. The days of this hair is gone though as Shen's hair is down to his shoulders. The only thing that drives me nuts is that my hair has been the same damn length for like five years and Shen has a full head of hair in like three days. I need to start using some Hairfinity or something, LOL.

We didn’t do too much traveling this year since we put money into the house and needed to buy a new car to replace Shen’s old one. We did get to a few weddings which was fun. And we did get out to Baltimore Comic Con. We did consider taking a trip during this Xmas break, but just decided to stay in the area, and check out a few museums we haven’t been to in a while. And probably see Star Wars a few times.

As for me personally, I've been busy with working. I still haven't given up on the story I mentioned a little while ago, but I have changed the story idea a few times. Normally when I write, I try to write from beginning to end. This time, I'm writing scenes as I think about them, with plans to put the scenes and order and flesh them out as I go along. I actually have gotten more of the story written this way then other stories I tried to write over the past. But then I decided to tweak the overall story a bit, which lead me to make some edits to what I had currently written. But I plan to keep pressing on with it.

Well that's all I got for now. I do plan to keep this blog going in the new year, I just need to figure out a better way to manage my time. Feel like I need to put a task list on my wall or something so i can keep track of what's happening in my life. I don't think I'll get to another blog post before the end of the year though, so I hope you all have a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on Doug and glad to see you posting again. (We have a GDC of our own.) Now your life is complete!

    I hope your manuscript is soon complete as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, your cat is so adorable! If I could, I would so get a cat but I already have two dogs. I haven't commented on your blog in such a long time or any blog for that matter. I used to be known on here as Panda Ninja, but I changed my name. Either way, congrats on the new addition to the family, haha!

    And much success to you for this year of 2016! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet "Doug" and a happy 2016 to you( Wow..can you believe it's such a year?). I think that those nicknames that you got for him is cute. My late great grandmother didn't have formal ones for her animals. Depending on the animal they were , they were called such. If you were a dog,it would be named " dog " " cat" or even " hamster"..which sound a little funny to me..lol!

    " When he first told him that she wanted to grow his hair out to make a ponytail,she commented that he wasn't a horse"

    I'm laughing at what Shen's mom said about her about his hair.There's nothing wrong with a good man bun here and there..lol!. Seriously, with some men, they really look good in one. I tend to like men who have hairstyles: they can be bald, braid/dreads and man buns. You can't get my brother to get one. He always wore a sports cap on head with close crop hair.I hear you about the hear growth thing. I want to wear a natural style..a poofy curly afro ..not as thick/long like Teyonah Parris but enough volume to hear one( I just love her natural hair). When I was younger my hair would grow like weeds. Now that I'm older, it grows,but not as rapidly as it would in the past. I got length to my hair but not enough to get that style.

    Well..just take one day at a time and again have a wonderful 2016







    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * typo * repeat of "they were", line 3 of the first paragraph.

      Delete
  4. Awww. Doug is very cute! I hope his behavior improves. I miss reading your posts T.T but I know you are busy with your life. It's good to see you back for even a bit.

    Shen's hair sounds great! I love an Asian man with long hair, yum. Long black hair and golden skin are a great combination on a man.

    ReplyDelete